Yesterday we had our ward Primary Program. As a Primary President of only a few months I really had no idea what to expect from this event, but happily most the kids showed up, and only 1 left the stage in tears when he was told it was his turn to give his part. The sunbeams even managed to sit still for most of the meeting, which was a miracle considering how much they wiggled during the Satruday rehearsal. We survived, and somehow despite the chaos the spirit managed to prevail and their sweet little testimonies touched the audience. It turned out to be a really great meeting. The kids went absolutely bonkers once we got done and were back in the primary room, but at least they waited until then.
I admit that I was fairly skeptical when they called me into the Primary since the last time I was in Primary I was 12 years old, but I have learned to love it so much. The kids are so sweet (when they aren't running away, or hitting anyone, or farting at their neighbor). I thought I would miss the adult lessons at church, but I am amazed at how much I learn as we focus the basics. I think sometimes as adults we forget the real simplicity of the gospel and what makes it true. The kids remind me every week.
2 comments:
Aimee! How Fun! What a fun calling for you! I'm sure you are awesome! My Mom is here visiting and she is the Primary Pres. as well! She feels for you as well! Yet, she also says it is her favorite calling! We miss you guys! And can't wait to see you! Love reading your blog!
I hear ya!
Chris was the Primary Chorister in our last ward, and he LOVED it!
I just got called to the Young Women's as the 2nd Counselor... If you have any ideas on how to deal with girl's drama - it's been so long, I don't remember mine much...
Post a Comment