Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Facebook

I just don't get it. What is the craze these days about Facebook?

I must be missing something because everyone seems to love it and spend lots of time on it, but I seriously don't get it. When people send me an invitation to be added as a friend, I am happy to oblige, but then what? I don't learn anything about anyone from ther profile. Instead now I'm in the know every time some random person I went to high school with complains that they can't decide what to fix for dinner. It's so weird.

Plus people keep trying to send me "requests" that I don't understand either. What am I supposed to do with a Little Green Patch or a butterfly? No offense to those who have sent them to me, I just don't know what to do with them so I have a strict "no request" acceptance policy. They just feel too much like spam or a chain letter and I don't like feeling obligated to pass them on.

And then the real kicker is when people I know start using it to contact me. That's great for people I haven't seen in a while, but when good friends act like they fogot my email address so they have to use facebook to find me, again, that's just weird.

Maybe I'm just using it wrong, but as it stands I just don't get it. I mean seriously...get a blog. :)

9 comments:

Jill said...

I think it's CRAZY too! Even though I have a fb profile I don't see why people must tell us when they are doing such odd things. In a way it's kind of open email! Free game for anyone to read. Just another insane way for everyone to keep in touch I guess. Oh, and I have a few people who want to be my friend and I HAVE NO IDEA WHO THEY ARE! PSYCHO! ANYWAY, glad I didn't send my last email to you via facebook. HA Ha!

k-long comment!

The Whitaker Family said...

Yeah, me either. In fact, I don't get it so much that I've boycotted it. Not trying to be rude but I'm not on it so I don't accept anyone's invitations... Just the way it is. :)

Brooke S said...

I am anti- new applications for Facebook. I hope no one is offended when I ignore their request. I also don't understand how so many people (my sisters, usually) spend hours tending their garden and getting new bling. I prefer to just send emails and comments for old friends that I haven't seen in a long time.

Charity said...

I am so with you! I have been debating to join or no to join. I think I will keep lurking behind my sisters.

Jill said...

Oh Oh Oh, and what the heck are you suppose to do when someone sends you a "pillow fight"? WEIRDOS!

One Happy Heart Family said...

Okay finally, someone who gets where I am coming from. I joined not knowing what facebook even is. Oh well. My account is deactivated now and I don't think I will use it again. It seems silly to me.

Lisa said...

LOL - I am with you on what is up with the Facebook craze despite the fact that I sent you a freind request tonight.

I was just looking at your blog and your son is so beautiful!

I don't know if you remember, but my nephew has Long QT Syndrome in October he had his second open heart surgery to replace his first pacemaker with a pacemaker defibulator. Kids are so resilient and I know for a fact Heavenly Father is with them every step of their journey.

Hope all is going well.

mom said...

I suppose you'd say I have one foot in each camp, with more weight on the crazy foot. :) It's been a fun way to reconnect with old friends and see what people are up to. But it's just weird to have people I used to date on there striking up a conversation. I accepted a few applications when I first started, but now I avoid most of them. I do have a cute Lil Green Patch which Brienna likes to admire, but I'll stop sending you flowers.

Love you!

Lisa Marie Trent said...

I hate it too.

I still use it.

But I definitely hate it.