Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It's a BOY!

It's official. I'm finally going to blog about this pregnancy and make it a publicly known and traded fact.

I am 17 weeks pregnant with a baby boy.   I'm kind of shocked as I was very much getting the girl vibe, but we'll be happy with anything we get as long as he's healthy.   The doctor couldn't really see too much today at the ultrasound so he'll be much more thorough next month, but what he could see he thought looked good.  We will also have a fetal echo by Jack's cardiologist sometime in January for an extra look at the heart. Hopefully that will bring us some peace of mind.  We've been a little nervous, but know things will work out. 

So far this has been a pretty good pregnancy. I only threw up once, and other than being tired and achy which just kind of comes with the territory, I've been fine. About a month ago I woke up in the middle of the night with some major bleeding and was sure I had lost the baby, but the next morning they checked me out at the hospital and miraculously everything was fine and they couldn't find the source of the bleeding. It hasn't happened again so my doctor says everything is fine.

We're excited for this new chapter in our lives and are really glad Jack is doing so great so we hopefully won't have to juggle being in the hospital and a newborn.  I hope these two boys will be buddies. Jack LOVES babies and always wants to hold them and give them big hugs so I know he's going to be a great brother.

It's also good news for the probably 3 people besides my mother who might still check this blog occasionally because I have a feeling I will be writing a little more often as I will have news on something other than Jack. Shocking, I know. We'll see if it really happens, but I'll try.

10 comments:

christi said...

Congrats I am so excited for you guys. I'm excited that Jack is going to be a big brother!!!

Heather said...

So exciting! Congratulations! McKinley was hoping it was a girl (she thinks it's some sort of victory for all girl-kind if more girl babies are born).

Amanda said...

I check your blog! :) Congrats on baby boy #2. So glad you're having a good pregnancy too. Good luck in the months ahead and have a wonderful Christmas!

Jones said...

That is sooo wonderful! I know it is so hard to have another after our wonderful heart babies but I am so thankful we did. I will be praying for you. Hugs

Jodi said...

I'm so excited that you are having another boy. Congrats!

The Whitaker Family said...

One of the funnest things about the 2nd is that the first is so dang excited and loves the baby sooooooo much! I'm super excited for you guys! Glad things are going well so far-- bleeding is SCARY so I'm glad all is well... xoxo!

Gwen said...

Congrats!! so excited for baby boy! can't wait to meet him this summer! Merry Christmas, looking forward to seeing pictures of you all Christmas morning :)

Jill said...

We are so happy for you guys!!!

One Happy Heart Family said...

I am very excited for you guys!! Boys are so much fun and Jack will need someone to rough house with!! :0) Hope the echo goes great!! Congrats!!

Kevin + Marcy said...

Woohoo! Congratulations you guys! That is just the best news. Enjoy!