Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Tiny little thoughts


Last Saturday Hardy and I spent the evening visiting with our friend who recently had twins. Her husband is Hardy's best friend and they live out of state so this was our first opportunity to meet the little munchkins.

We both like kids and are without a doubt the reigning favorite aunt and unlce on both sides of the family, but half the time we hang out with our friends who have children we end up going home exhausted and recommited to the fact that we're not ready yet to have any of our own. We've also always known that we'd wait at least a year before we even thought about it so for the past 12 months it hasn't been an issue. But now we've crossed the one year mark, and sitting around last weekend each of us with a tiny, beautiful little girl in our arms I think we both realized we're a lot closer to being ready than we thought we were.

I wouldn't say I am baby hungry because I'm just not the type, but once in a while I see someone with a baby and think, "I could do that." Hardy is going to be such a funny, cute dad, despite my initial fears when he annouced that he was physically incapable of changing a poopy diaper due to the smell (because apparently the rest of us really like it). That made me a little nervous, but I think when it comes down to it he'll step up and do great. And I can't wait to have someone that I can force to do fun things with me - hehe. Hardy may roll his eyes when I try to get him to make cookies with me or do an easter egg hunt in the living room, but a small child will totally dig it.

We're still not quite there yet, but we are definitely getting closer (much to my mother's relief).

No comments: