Last week was my birthday. Like most birthdays when you get old, it was pretty uneventful. Hardy's team had a basketball game that night so I donned my Olympus green and cheered at the game that night. Then Hardy made up for it by whisking me away to a nice dinner and an over-nighter at Little America. It was nice to be away without having to go too far. We both took Friday off of work and just slept in and enjoyed a leisurely day off. We talked about going skiing, but it was about 10 degrees outside, and we're not that die hard, so we had lunch and went shopping in Park City instead. It was great.
On Saturday we had a Christmas party for Hardy's side of the family. Then we bundled up and went downtown where we met my parents (and a few hundred thousand other people). We saw the lights at temple square, and went to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert featuring the King Singers. It was really good. Hardy was a bit skeptical when I told him what I was dragging him to, but he loved it as well. We definitely left feeling the Christmas spirit.
I think I'm almost ready for Christmas, if I could just get stamps on my finished Christmas cards and put them in the mail. You might not get them until after Christmas, but I'm working it.
No comments:
Post a Comment