So, the new person I hired last Monday resigned last Friday. Despite her assurances otherwise during her interview, she ultimately decided that she wanted to be in charge rather than be a worker bee. In some ways it's a relief because during her 4 short days with the company I discovered that she's about as good with a computer as my mother (love you mom!), and the learning curve was proving to be much steeper that I had anticipated since I had to start by teaching her how to open Outlook.
Friday afternoon I went through the monster stack of resumes we got for the position and pulled out a few more for another round of interviews, this time looking for a different skill set. I think I've decided that this time I want someone young and hungry to prove themselves. And I'm adding a question regarding computer skills to the interview.
Thank goodness for bosses who undertand that my plate runneth over and are helping me to prioritize and delegate what I just can't get done while I'm a department of one.
1 comment:
Wow! That sounds a little stressful!! Good luck finding a fun and computer literate co-worker!!
Post a Comment