Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Dr. Appointment

I had an appointment at the U Hospital yesterday afternoon. Hardy is off in Palm Springs competing in the annual “Hardy Cup” golf tournament with his dad and brother, so I brought my mom with me to the appointment. We’ve had enough twists and turns with this pregnancy that I don’t plan to attend any doctor visits by myself.

Since we had to transfer our care up to the U, my new doctor is Dr. Erin Clark. Her husband is one of Hardy’s really good friends (Landon) and since this is her field of expertise and she’s one of the smartest people we know, we asked if she would take care of us and happily she consented. She’s just terrific. We didn’t do very much yesterday other than I got my glucose test done which entails drinking what tastes like highly concentrated fruit punch then getting my blood drawn 1 hour later, and Erin talked about what to expect going forward. Dr. Byrne had said we will probably be induced at 38 weeks so I thought we might set a date at this appointment, but Erin said that it’s better is we just wait and see how thing are coming along. No need to force it if he’s not ready to come out yet.

Our next appointment is next Tuesday when we will have our second fetal echocardiogram and get a tour of the PICU where we will spend most of our time after Jack’s surgery. We then will have an ultrasound to make sure he’s growing and healthy everywhere else. We also might meet with the neo-natal surgeon to discuss the surgery. It will be a busy day, but should give us a lot more information.

Now I just need to get over this terrible cold I’m suffering with so I can function again. I have a hard enough time sleeping at night due to the pregnancy, let alone throwing in a runny nose and a hacking cough. This too shall pass though. I just hope it’s sooner rather than later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Aimee,

Do you have Charity's email address?

Jill