Friday, August 8, 2008

Holy cow - literally

Ok, since this is my blog, this is my update on me. It's hard to think about me right now, but I also just gave birth not that long ago, so for sisters and friends - here's how I am doing.

Holy cow - my boobs hurt! I think holding Jack last night fianlly triggered something and I woke up to a ridiculoosly large and sore chest. I met with a lactation specialist again this morning so she's helping me work through it, but it is not the best distraction while trying to worry about your kid. The good news is that at least I'm balanced and my feet are swollen to about the same size since I can't seem to stay off of them as I trudge every few hours to the pumping room.

In all, I'm doing well, it's just hard to take care of myself right now. I'm trying though.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Aimee,

I know I can't relate to you at all with Jacks condition. But I do know that you need to take care of yourself so you can take care of Jackson. It's okay to be selfish right now! Hang in there. The crazy big boobs are here to stay for a bit!!!

Anonymous said...

It's a pain - the shower and the tub are your friends. Ask for Lansinoh if your nips bother you. Don't hesitate to ask for help from the lac cons. and for the other HLHS moms who have pumped and then transitioned to the breast. You can do it!

M said...

I can't speak from personal experience on this one at all, but I can be a cheerleader from the sidelines and say Hang in there Aimee!! You are living through so much compressed into such a short time and you're doing amazingly well. Hope you can get some sleep now that you know that Jack's surgery went well. Marni