Friday, August 1, 2008

IHH Dinner

Last night I went to dinner with some of the mom’s from the Intermountain Healing Hearts group I now belong to. Three of us are pregnant and due within the next month with heart babies so the presidency got us together with a few other moms. It was so nice to spend some time with true warriors who have survived what we are about to go through. Some of their kids lost their battles, and others have kids old enough that they are now asking questions about why they are different. I loved being able to ask them a million questions, hearing about their experiences, and seeing how happy and positive they all were. They are really a great support and already I’m very grateful for all they are doing.


Today is my last day of work. It is such a weird feeling. I haven’t not worked in a very long time. That in and of itself is going to be an interesting change. The good news is that as of Monday I will be a contractor for the City, so I guess I’m not totally unemployed, I just have a different status.

Three days and counting.

4 comments:

The Whitaker Family said...

I'll keep you guys in my prayers, Aimee! I'm glad you've got good support... It IS weird not being a full-time employee! Its all a huge adjustment but so incredible too...

Anonymous said...

I found you in blog land, and from afar, I am holding you up in prayer, for tomorrow and the challenges to come. You'll be able to figure out how to work again - but now it's time to care for Jack.

christi said...

Aimee is was so good to see you tonight, I wish you the best tomorrow my prayers will be with you. My blog is lloydswildkingdom.blogspot.com Christi

carolyn q said...

I am glad that the dinner was a great resource for you. I had a ball getting to know you and the others better.
Just thought I would check in to see how things are going today knowing Jack was to arrive.
Heart Hugs,
Carolyn Quigley