Before Jack came along I remember hearing friends and sisters talk about how once they became a mother they no longer seemed to have their own interests. Their focus and interest was now the kid(s). I didn't quite understand and alwasy wondered how you could lose your identity that way. Yet here I am only 6 weeks into this motherhood thing and suddenly I think I get it. Hardy likes to go golfing, which I usually support him doing, so in exchange he keeps offering to let me go do my own thing while he watches Jack. The thing is, I can't think of a lot of things I want to do right now that don't include Hardy and Jack. One of these days I'm going to find a photography class to take or something like that and Hardy will get some good guy time with the little fella, but really the occasional trip to the grocery store seems to keep me fairly fulfilled at the moment.
It's a very strange phenomenon this motherhood thing. Giving everything up for this tiny little person suddenly seems like such a small sacrifice.
4 comments:
Wait a few years and you'll be dying for a girls weekend to Vegas. AAHHH, I am ready to face the school year again. More pics of Jack, we can't get enough!!!
Its an evolution, I think. I know just what you're talking about and I still feel that way a lot of the time but sometimes I need a bit of time away. Course then I miss her when she goes to bed too so I'm still totally smitten. Becoming a mom is about the most amazing thing EVER.
That is so true. I am never more happy than when I am with my kids. Thanks for the reminder.
How true it is! Being a mother is completely selfless. It is proof when you start doing things like spending your birthday money on them! Wouldn't have it any other way!
Post a Comment