Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Single Mom Appreciation

I think I'm finally getting the hang of this single mom thing. Hardy had another work trip this week and I managed fairly well without him. My mom came out for about 2 hours on Monday, but other than that it was just me and Jack until we pick up Hardy this evening. Thankfully the little guy was pretty good, but by this afternoon I kind of hit a wall and wound up at my parents for the afternoon. Jack grinned at grandma the whole time so I think he needed a change of scenery as well. I seriously have no idea how single mom's do it though. I adore the kid, but sometimes I need to have someone else hold him for a few minutes so I can get some things done.

My good news (which I forgot to post last week) is that I had a storm door installed on my front door and I LOVE it. It lets in so much light and fresh air into my dark living room. Since that's where Jack and I spend most of our days, it makes a huge difference. It does make it a little trickier to carry the car seat in and out of the house, but it's totally worth it.

3 comments:

The Whitaker Family said...

I totally hear you, Aimee! Husbands-- especially good ones-- make SUCH a difference to both mother and child! And YAY for a fun, nice storm door... :)

Jodi said...

I was worried when I got home from work yesterday and your car wasn't there. Bernd said you had been gone for awhile so I was hoping everything was ok! I'm so jealous of your storm door.

Jill said...

Aimee, got your message today! Sorry I missed you. I was in la la land having a nap while others took Jessie to and from preschool! love the help!

I totally agree on the husband thing. I said that to Trav after Jessie was born. "how do single moms do it"? They get a special spot on heaven.