Sunday, June 14, 2009

Getting Closer

Hardy and I are a little bit giddy with anticipation about the new house. Yesterday we went and bought new couches for the great room and an oh, so comfy leather sectional for the basement. I've been eyeing new appliances at Home Depot that I can't wait to get my hands on. And I even got Hardy an edger for Father's Day (he found it already so the cat's out of the bag.) It's so fun to finally be purchasing these things that we have been saving up for when we got a new house.

We are set to close on Tuesday, July 7 so we can start moving in after 5:00 p.m. on the 8th at which time we may just go over and wander around, dancing for joy. We're also crossing our fingers that the nice couple who came to look at our place a few times this past week decides to rent from us. They should let us know later this week.

It all seems to be falling into place so much better than it did last year. Let's hope it continues that way.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you!! How fun to buy new furniture. Can't wait to see the new place. Let us know if you want help moving that weekend (if you can wait that long)and we'll be in town.

Love you!

June said...

PPPPPAAAAARRRRRTTTTTYYYYY!!!!!

Jill said...

comment from above is from me...not my mom.....

christi said...

That is so exciting that you are getting a house, and that things are going smoother this year. What and exciting time.

Melanie Henage said...

Aimee - I have a friend who might be interested in your old place. His name is Dave. Here is his email address if you want to contact him. DavidAlanMeyer@gmail.com