Thursday, April 15, 2010

More Projects

Hardy and I have been very productive lately. Last weekend we painted Jack's bathroom. Before is on the left, after on the right. We want to install a new sink and counter top and maybe a new light fixture, but that will have to be the next stage. In the mean time, I think it looks a lot better already. Amazing what a coat of paint can do to freshen things up.
We also began the process of installing curbing around our flower beds yesterday. The guys installing it got held up and didn't get started until late so they only got the front done but will be back Monday to finish the back. I think it is going to look great once we get everything dug out and put down some nice mulch. I'll post after photos when it's looking nice and not just fresh cement with a bunch of dug up grass.

This is the path they dug along the back fence where they will be putting in the curbing. Jack loved watching the big machines but once they got the cement out we had to bring him in and make him watch through the window so he wouldn't touch as he is want to do.


I discovered today that my broccoli is sprouting, so that is fun. Still no sign of the peas though. I also got some potatoes and lettuce planted. My rhubarb and raspberries seem to be doing fine and growing a bit so hurray for warm, sunny days.
Now that it's finally warm outside, Jack is loving it. He gets in his swing, ask for a "push' and insists that I swing "wis" (with) him. Too bad swings aren't built for big mom butts. It's just not that comfortable. We need to have some cousins or friends over so I can got back to just pushing. Playdate anyone?

2 comments:

Charity said...

I am coming!!!!!

Erica Williams said...

1. Bathroom looks great! I love the color you chose. I don't know if you know this or not, but I re-painted all of my kitchen cabinets. If you would like to change up the bathroom cabinet, I can help you :) (not that I think it needs it, just because you said that you wanted a new one!)
2. Did the Mexican's know that you were taking their picture?
3. We still need to have you guys over. We'll have a patio cover soon... How about a play date BBQ?