I must say that it's helping me to eat healthier now that I have a fridge full of good fresh fruits and veggies. I think we will try it again in a few weeks.
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Bountiful Baskets
My sister told me a few weeks ago about a food co-op called Bountiful Baskets. She had tried it and got some great fruits and vegetables for a good price. I talked my neighbor Hiedi into splitting a basket with me, so Saturday morning I went over to Day Break with my laundry basket, stood in line for a while, then went in and got all this food for $15. It's a good thing Heidi and I shared becasue there is no way we could have eaten all this food before it went bad. We got red potatoes, carrots, romaine lettuce, swiss chard, tomatoes, bananas, black berries, apples, a pineapple, a cantaloupe, and probably some other stuff that I can't remember. All of it very fresh and so much better than the stuff at the grocery store. It's kind of an adventure because you have no idea what you might get each week when you sign up.
I must say that it's helping me to eat healthier now that I have a fridge full of good fresh fruits and veggies. I think we will try it again in a few weeks.
Speaking of fridges, our renters called Saturday morning and the refrigerator died. Boo. Jack and I spent the afternoon shopping for a new one. Not my idea of a fun afternoon, but oh well.
I must say that it's helping me to eat healthier now that I have a fridge full of good fresh fruits and veggies. I think we will try it again in a few weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I LOVE bountiful baskets :D if you ever need a partner, let me know!!!
Never heard of it! Definitely need to know what THAT is all about!
I've never heard of this either... But, I'd love to know more about it!
I use to do that with like 15 other ladies in the town home ward before you moved in! different place but same concept! I think we did it for about 6 months! good times....good times!
Post a Comment