For our exciting major house project this year we have decided to improve the backyard - the patio to be exact. Today we took the first step towards making it a fabulous place where we will spend lots of time this summer.
We began with this:
And today we added this:
Jack thought it was so great when the builders got done that he insisted be have a picnic for dinner. Who was I to say no to such a good idea? So we had some lovely bbq chicken and potatoes and enjoyed our new living space.Step 2 begins on Wednesday when we will have the rickety wood steps removed and replaced with nice concrete ones which will also cover over the insane mint bush that just will not die. I'm very excited about that.
And the goal is to install Step 3 on Friday (when we've invited my dad out for dinner to help ;). We're going to put up a nice sun shade on the west side so we have shade at the pull of a string in the evening.
Those are all the steps Hardy is aware of. I also plan to add some nice greenery and hanging flower baskets, maybe some fun lights, and a good gliding bench so I can rock the baby for hours while Jack plays in the sand box. That's the idea anyway.
So, the party is at our house this summer! You're all invited.
6 comments:
That will be so nice when it's all done!! What a fun place to play!
Awesome! I cant wait to come play with the kiddos!
Looks good!
Sounds great. Wish I could be there to join in!
Looks GREAT! We're planning on spending our summer in our backyard too-- perfect with a newborn and busy kids. We ought to get together and do it at each other's house sometime!
How fun! We need to come out and see your house. We love our covered patio. Aaron's favorite thing is to sit and enjoy the smell of fresh rain or enjoy the mist from the sprinklers. Enjoy!!! We also need to meet Tyler.
Post a Comment