Thursday, May 12, 2011

2 Weeks

I went to the Dr. yesterday for my 37 week pregnancy visit. He checked me and said that I am dilated 2 cm but about 80% effaced.  He said he wouldn't be surprised if I had this baby in the next few days, or maybe not for a few weeks, but we're definitely making progress, so that's good.  When I told him I was to the point where I couldn't wait to get this baby out (probably because I had been up since 3 a.m. tossing and turning in discomfort) he said we could schedule an induction for May 26th if I was interested. My first thought was no, but then I decided that really would be a convenient day as it's right before Memorial Weekend so Hardy would have an extra day off, my parents have already offered to take Jack up to their cabin to play with his cousins for that weekend so he'd be set. Really, there is no downside, so we're on the schedule. Two weeks from today and this little fella will probably be here.

Or possibly sooner as I woke up at 2:00 this morning with some fun false labor that really got me thinking about all the little last minute things I need to get ready. Last night really would not have been convenient so I'm glad itwas a false alarm. I think he may have dropped though because I feel like I'm a different shape. Anyway, we're getting close.  I'm excited but also a little nervous. What am I going to do with 2 kids? Oh my.

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Good Luck with everything! If you need anything let me know. I'm excited to see pictures of the little guy.

Gwen said...

So excited for you! keep us posted :)

Erin said...

That's why you have two hands! I am so excited! So glad we will get to see the little man when he is so young. We will keep Jack happy at the cabin.

Becky said...

You'll do so great. I'm excited for you. Not long now.