Friday, September 11, 2009

Your thoughts, please


So, it appears that this December we may have the opportunity to go to Disneyland as a bonus from Hardy's work. The question is, do we bring Jack?

My first inclination was we should totally leave him home. He's too young to get the magic and won't remember it anyway, we'll spend half our time going back to the hotel for naps and won't be able to go on any of the big rides together, and it would be fun to Hardy and I to have a trip alone.

Then I realized that would mean I would be away from Jack for 4 whole days and I decided that just might break my heart and he should definitely come with us. Plus, how can we go to Disneyland and not take our kid?

Those of you who have been to Disneyland with a toddler, what do you suggest? Bring him or leave him home?

10 comments:

Brammer Family said...

I had the same thoughts with Ben. Would he enjoy it? Naps? Bringing all the diaper bag stuff? Yikes.

YES YES YES!!! Bring him!!! I was soooooooo AMAZED at how MANY rides we were able to bring Ben on. Sure he probably won't remember it but that's what more trips are for! ;)

You'll have fun and at the same time your heart won't ache! Forget naps for 4 days. Ben lived in his stoller while we were there. There's SO MUCH for litte kids to look at to keep them busy. He'll be awe struck. :)

DO IT! :)You'll have a blast!

Susan said...

Take Auntie Gwen along!

Heart Mommy said...

Do it!!! we went to Disney world with gator boy when he was Jacks age and he slept in his stroller. It was an absolute blast. Plus... (not saying anything will happen) But think, you will always have those memories...You did something huge as a family. I agree with Susan, invite a helper to go who can sit with baby while mom and dad nuzzle on "It's a small world"..(actually we took gator on that one) Oh and the best part is... Take a letter from Dr. m about Jack's little heart and his stroller turns into a wheel chair... Can you say FAST PASS.. And NO LINES... I would take him just for that perk...LOL....

Gwen said...

Listen to my mom :) I already told Marc tonight I would be your personal nanny. You can take Jack and have me to hang with Jack while you go on all the big rides! best of both worlds!! You have to come and bring him!!!!

Charity said...

Leave him! You two deserve the break and time alone. He will love spending time with the grandparents and you will love the time with the hubby. Take him when he cares and will remember. Leave him!!!

Rees Family said...

Take him with you. It is so much more fun with your kids. He will probably fall asleep in the stroller so you won't have to go back to the hotel. He will love it and you will love watching him love it. He can meet Winnie the Pooh, Tiger and Eeyore. He can go on all the rides but the big roller coaster ones. You just gotta take him. I don't think you will regret it. I can't wait to see pictures. Taking someone with you will be good if you can so you can go on those big rides but if not, you can go when he is older.

Amanda said...

Take your mom and have her watch Jack while you and Hardy go play for an evening!

One Happy Heart Family said...

I would say go for it and take him, but then I would say leave him because of the germ factor. Sorry this is no help LOL

mom said...

Take him and accept Gwen's offer! Definitely.

Brook said...

Totally bring him! We took Jace when he was about Jack's age and it was a blast! I thought it would be so hard but it really wasn't all that bad. He'll have so much fun!