Monday, May 24, 2010

Slow the Flow

I got a flyer in the mail a few weeks ago from the Conservation Garden Park that mentioned they offered free a Water Check, so last week I gave them a call. Three nice college interns came out this afternoon (despite the crumby weather) and spent about a half hour evaluating our sprinkler system, water pressure, coverage, soil type, etc. and wrote up a recommended watering plan that will help reduce our water use and increase our grass root depth and health. They pointed out some problem areas and made some suggestions. What a great use of 30 minutes, and it was all totally free. I like doing my little part to save the planet. If you want it done too just call (801)468-3170 or check out www.slowtheflow.org.

1 comment:

Nicole Christoffersen said...

Haha! Funny you should mention that! I was just feeling guilty this week that I haven't done that. Especially since it's free. I'm convinced we waste a ton of water! The guy on Saturday morning talk radio wad discussing it. He triggered my guilt!