Saturday, August 27, 2011

Getting Bigger


Our friends caterpillars have made their cocoons so these guys should be making theirs within the next few days. Very exciting.  They are quite big and can eat through a whole leaf in a day. That also means a lot of bug poop. So gross. I wish Jack was big enough to take care of that part.

For those wishing to replicate this fun little science project (Erin :) my friend just found some milkweed plants and looked for leaves with little tiny eggs on the underside.  She stuck them in a jar with holes poked in the lid. Every other day or so we put in fresh leaves and they just eat and eat. I think later today I'll put in some sticks so they have something to attach to that is a little sturdier then the leaf stems just in case they make their cocoons.


No comments: