Apparently when they are big enough they will make a chrysallis and eventually we'll have butterflies. I can't wait. What a fun birthday present.
Friday, August 19, 2011
Hungry Caterpillars
For Jack's birthday his friend Jenna gave him the book The Hungry Caterpillar and a jar with a milkweed leaf and 2 tiny eggs. Just moments after she handed them to us the eggs hatched and just like that we had caterpillars. It has been so much fun watching them grow every day. At first they were so tiny, but now I'm having to change my leaves out more often because they eat big holes in them quite quickly. Jack asks if he can hold them every day, but I still think they are a little too small. Soon though. They practically double in size every day.
Apparently when they are big enough they will make a chrysallis and eventually we'll have butterflies. I can't wait. What a fun birthday present.
Apparently when they are big enough they will make a chrysallis and eventually we'll have butterflies. I can't wait. What a fun birthday present.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What?! Super fun present!
What a cute idea!! and that is so fun that he likes it so much!!
That is so cool! Where did she get the eggs? I want to do this, we love that book.
Post a Comment