Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Calm Before the Storm

Hardy and I are trying to enjoy these last two weeks before our lives get turned upside down, so last night we had a little BBQ (Hardy cooked some excellent steaks) and we went out for ice cream. It was very nice to just get out and feel normal.

I also finally got my bags mostly packed for the hospital last night. There are always the last minute items such as my curling iron and make up that just can’t be packed yet, but everything else appears to be ready to go to get me through the first few days. Several people have recommended that I pack for 2 weeks so I don't feel like I have to leave the hospital, but I've decided to purposely not prepare to be there that long so that I make sure I go home for a minute and give myself a chance to regroup. And if I decide I can't leave the hospital even for an hour, I know I can always send my mom or someone to grab me some clean underwear.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aimee, congrats! I'm exited to see pictures when they make it to the web. I haven't visited the blog for a while and was surprised to see what has changed!

Jill said...

Aimee,

You're getting so close. How are you feeling?

Djinni said...

Hey! I talked to your cousin Kami Larsen yesterday, she used to be my neighbor. What a small world. Anyway, I'll be adding Jack to Isaac's buddy list and I'll be in touch. Call me if you ever need someone to talk to. Kami has my number. Heart Hugs, Djinni