Friday night Hardy and I had our final baby shower with a bunch of our friends. The guys played poker in one room and the girls and I talked baby stuff and opened gifts in the other. Friends came who I haven’t seen in ages and it was a lot of fun. (Thanks Leesh!)
The best part for me was that included in the group were some of our friends who have had babies who have spent quite a bit of time at Primary Children’s so they were able to give us the inside scoop and survival tips. Their journeys were different (see links to Charlie Cooper and Jada Rose), but they really understand what it’s like to sit for days watching and praying for your child. They are really great examples of strength, staying positive, and trusting in the Lord’s plan. Plus, since they have been there, done that, they gave great gifts to prepare us for the hospital. For example, fingernail clippers since apparently they practically have to take them into the operating room in order to trim them but as a parent you can do it yourself, and stuffed animals to prop up arms full of IVs, things I never would have thought of (Thanks Rob and Angel).

We also finally purchased a stroller and car seat, our last major purchases. We picked out a really cool one that is only 10 lbs. so that should make it easier to drag around. Plus the nursery is all but ready to go. We got the swing I got from my co-workers assembled and the cutest sports lamp and wall decals put up (from the Barnes, of course). I’ll try to get a photo and post it for those interested. I think it’s pretty cute.
The best part for me was that included in the group were some of our friends who have had babies who have spent quite a bit of time at Primary Children’s so they were able to give us the inside scoop and survival tips. Their journeys were different (see links to Charlie Cooper and Jada Rose), but they really understand what it’s like to sit for days watching and praying for your child. They are really great examples of strength, staying positive, and trusting in the Lord’s plan. Plus, since they have been there, done that, they gave great gifts to prepare us for the hospital. For example, fingernail clippers since apparently they practically have to take them into the operating room in order to trim them but as a parent you can do it yourself, and stuffed animals to prop up arms full of IVs, things I never would have thought of (Thanks Rob and Angel).

We also finally purchased a stroller and car seat, our last major purchases. We picked out a really cool one that is only 10 lbs. so that should make it easier to drag around. Plus the nursery is all but ready to go. We got the swing I got from my co-workers assembled and the cutest sports lamp and wall decals put up (from the Barnes, of course). I’ll try to get a photo and post it for those interested. I think it’s pretty cute.
1 comment:
Aimee, I'm sorry I missed the shower but it sounds like it went well. I wish I could have been there.
Post a Comment