The 4th of July is a big holiday for the Hardy family. Every year Hardy’s brother and sister, Matt and Janie, come from out of state with their families for the week and nearly every night we head to Bountiful to spend as much time as we can with them. We had dinner at his mom’s on Wednesday, and a BBQ at his dad’s on Thursday, and they threw a baby shower for us after the BBQ. It was very fun. All the grandkids decorated onesies and burp cloths for Jack, then we played some games and opened gifts. They were very generous and it was so fun to actually have some fun stuff to put into the nursery when we got home.
Friday morning we met my family at the Centerville Park for breakfast and the parade. Hardy isn’t a big parade man, but thankfully he’s a good sport so he lets me drag him there every year. I, on the other hand, love a parade, especially the one in Centerville, and my summer just wouldn’t be complete without it. I nearly died from heat exhaustion as we were walking the few blocks to his mom’s house afterward since it was 100 degrees outside, but I made it and luckily had time for a quick nap and a lot of water before we went out again.

Another Hardy family tradition is Lagoon on the 4th of July. I’m always surprised when it isn’t ridiculously crowded. Since I couldn’t exactly go on any rides this year, I mostly sat in the shade chatting with family and enjoying a large Icee. Hardy made it on 2 rides and played a round of mini golf. By then I was so hot and my feet were so swollen we decided it was time to go, but we were there nearly 4 hours. We contemplated finding a spot to watch the West Jordan fireworks that night, but instead opted for sleep and were in bed by 9:30. Wow, we’re getting old.
1 comment:
Another blogging buddy, YAH! I am so excited that you have a blog. We don't, I guess I mean I don't, get to talk to you guys very often. Hope all is well!
Post a Comment