Monday, November 17, 2008

Catching up again

13 - I'm grateful that we have been selected as a Neilsen Ratings TV family. From last Thursday to this coming Thursday we have to write down everything we watch on TV. In exchange we got $30. Not too shabby. I must admit though that writing it all down makes me a little bit embarassed at how much TV I watch. I just want to write explanations all over it so they don't think I'm a total bum. "Really, I'm just a mom with a sick baby at home. If I could leave the house I wouldn't watch this much. I swear!"

14 - I'm grateful for my in-laws. We went to dinner with Hardy's mom and step-dad on Friday and I couldn't help but think how grateful I am that I genuinely like all my in-laws. I know some people who don't get along with theirs and I'm glad that I really do.

15 - I'm grateful for our amazing bodies. On Saturday Hardy stayed home with Jack and I went with my parents to the Body Worlds exhibit at the Leonardo Museum. It was fascinating and made me appreciate and want to take care of my body a little more. They focused in particular on the heart and it really hit close to home and made me appreciate the fact that Jack's works the way it does all the more.

16 - I'm grateful for good neighbors. Not only did Jack get a virus on Saturday, but Hardy AND OUR COMPUTER got viruses that night as well. Thankfully Hardy was doing much better by morning and Sunday night my computer whiz neighbor (who will remain anonymous since I know he fears becoming the ward fix-it guy :) came over and fixed the computer and we're all functioning nicely again. Being quarantined at home with a sick baby and no computer might have driven me insane so Thank you!

17 - I'm grateful that even though Jack is sick, he didn't have to be admitted to the hospital yesterday. He is doing okay today and is somewhat playful and still cute as ever, but his cough sounds absolutely horrible and he turns blue a lot faster when he starts to cry. His pediatrician called today to check on him and is keeping close tabs. I also got a call that his RSV shot is on it's way so he'll be able to get that soon.


P.S. These are things I am grateful for that date, not in priority order, otherwise Jack not being in the hospital would for sure be at the top.

1 comment:

The Whitaker Family said...

I hear you on the good in-laws! Also so glad Jack hasn't had to go to the hospital either-- I hope he gets better REALLY fast! And last, that is one GREAT family pic you have up on your site-- YAY!