Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm Grateful for...

...Good visits to the cardiologist and the news that Jack is doing well

...Heart Mom's who care about Jack's well being as much as I care about their children and who really understand the challenges of having a heart baby (thanks for calling yesterday Chrissie:)

...The exciting news that part of the new addition at Primary's is going to include a Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU) so we can keep the heart babies away from the sick kids. Hopefully it will be done in plenty of time for Jack's Fontan.

...Living close to such a world class hospital as PCMC with the most amazing doctors and nurses who dedicate so much of their time and energy to caring for these kids.

...Being able to rock my baby to sleep each night (even if he wants to be rocked ALL night like he did last night...oy) knowing the families of the children at PCMC don't get to do that.

...Unexpected opportunities to serve (even though I don't get out much - thanks Deanna)

...The fact that Jack is a great eater and is gaining weight (he definitely inherited that from my side of the family) which can be such a challenge for heart babies

...Getting to spend time with family this holiday and introduce Jack to some of his cousins who have been praying for him. We can't wait to see you Er, and I'm particularly excited for our girls outing.

...Mmmm...Turkey, mashed potatoes and stuffing

...The gospel of Jesus Christ which blesses us with such hope, joy and peace

...Hardy finally letting me put up the Christmas tree this next weekend! I think Jack is going to love all the lights and decorations.

I could go on and on.

1 comment:

christi said...

I am glad that things are going well for you. You have such strength and a positive outlook on things. I am grateful to have you as a friend to look up.